Monday, January 31, 2011

Ok, I finally admit it...The Pro Bowl Sucks!


I must admit that I am one of the few fans of the NFL’s All Star game – The Pro Bowl.

Well I was until yesterday.

I have seen more effort from Republicans in support of Obamacare than I witnessed yesterday from the defensive linemen when rushing the quarterback. Hey Jason Babin, next time you may as well wear a grass skirt and sip umbrella drinks on the field. At least that would have been more entertaining.

The leis on the field weren’t limited to the island party favors…

I don’t know, maybe it was the players’ way of revolting against the league due to the labor strife.

Maybe they were being extra cautious.

But more likely, maybe the game is just obsolete.

How can they sell that bunk to prospective sponsors when a defender of the game like me is now more likely to watch Brady Bunch reruns than that garbage?

If you want to show these players off in their new suntans and Hawaiian glory, how about a more interesting skills competition?

That would be far less insulting than listening to Brian Billick entice viewers to stick with the game. Don’t get me wrong, I like Billick as an analyst – A LOT! But to say that the AFC can make a game of it if they can close the gap to 42-14 at the end of the first half? C’mon coach!

You may have lured me in had you promised more of those lovely shots of the island. I'm ready to move!

Oh and the next time Matt Cassel is representing a conference as an All Star, well it’s not really an All Star game now, is it?

If I’m jonesing football that much in the future, I’ll go on YouTube and watch some Lingerie Football Highlights.


1 comments :

Jerry B said...

My son commented before the game yesterday that he only watches the Pro Bowl to see what the caliber of play in the NFL will look like in 5 years as they continue to "water down" the product in the interest of....."player safety"!