Thursday, April 16, 2009

From sex sells to a real dumba$$


The Sun’s David Steele weighed in today with his thoughts on the Ravens’ relative lack of national exposure given the fact that they made it to the AFC Championship game last season. Steele suggested that fans want offense and the Ravens are considered a defensive team. I wrote a column called “Sex Sells” during the Ravens 13-3 2006 campaign suggesting the same thing as Steele.

You can find it here and I dare you to tell me that you don’t agree!

That said, let’s face it folks, the Ravens for years have played a bland, boring brand of football and if you really weren’t a fan of the team, would you really want to watch them? C’mon be honest…

I don’t know about you but I have a Google Alert that points me in the direction of Ravens news. I don’t have the time to read all the stories, just the ones that capture my attention. Today something popped up that jumped off my laptop’s screen and sucked me in. It was a link to a blog entitled, Dumbass of the Week – Cleveland Browns.

So I hit
the link and the blogged opens up this way – verbatim:

There is a report that the Cleveland Browns is looking to trade Braylon Edwards. Edwards who at 6″3 and weighs 220 pounds. Is the Browns best threat in scoring in the passing game. But Edwards had a down season last year and now the Browns think that trading this guy with all this talent is the thing to do to the Giants. The Giants may give up a 1st round pick but Edwards puts the Giants right back into the hunt for another superbowl. The city of Cleveland who haven’t won any title sine the 1940’s and with dumb ass moves like this you see why.

And this writer has the stones to call someone else a dumbass?

He better recognize!

0 comments :