Saturday, March 24, 2007

WHY ARE INDY COLTS' FANS SO ANGRY?


I have to tell you, I really thought that the Indianapolis Colts' fan base would be more supportive of our attempt to restore Baltimore’s football heritage. My rationale was that they had just won a Super Bowl, it’s been so long and as a result they would be more empathetic towards our crusade.

Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree with message board posters who apparently are jaded by past verbal spars with Baltimore fans over the Colts name, colors, etc. and as a result, they really aren’t open minded towards our plea. But I’m very surprised by the angst of these Indy fans on Indystar.com's Colts message board.

You’d think that I just relieved myself in their celebratory pint glasses.

I was careful to be polite despite the insults (that 24x7 visitor and former contributor Tim Sylvester mentioned
here) and I often complimented the team and city. Yet the flame out continued and despite the use of foul language by Indy Colts fans, my posts were deleted.

Maybe they wouldn’t be so nasty if the Hoosiers were in the Elite 8.

Wonder if John Mellencamp could help?

This is OUR country, right?

3 comments :

Harryos29 said...

Harry o 29
I am very surprised at the OUT BURSTS from INDY and more surprised that Tim would do such a thing?

keep up the good fight, many Ravens Nests are behind this effort, but I can only speak for myself when I say this to those who Harass your Efforts...Pftststststst !!!!

Harry O'

Anonymous said...

Tony,
Such outbursts show the class of the individual who actually makes the posts. I am sure there are Indy fans out there who are sympathetic to our cause but maybe, a nerve has been touched out there in racecar land! They dont have much in Indy so they are fearful of losing anything they feel they own...haha

Tony Lombardi said...

I hope you are right anonymous and that the stand up to be counted in a not so anonymous way.