Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bisciotti Dancing With The Stars


Jamison Hensley did a fine job with his interview of Steve Bisciotti. We too will have one coming soon and we will be sure to complement and not duplicate Jamison’s efforts. But that said, did you notice how Hensley twice inquired about Jamal Lewis and twice Bisciotti shuffled around the subject of Lewis by focusing upon Adalius Thomas?

Maybe Emmitt Smith will be passing his dancing torch over to you there Steve...

I also found Bisciotti’s comments about Jonathan Ogden to be very interesting.
“I know he's an emotional guy and he was worn out at the end of the year because of his personal tragedies. I think that guys who have managed their money well have earned the right to consider the alternative of retirement. Jonathan has earned the right to think selfishly.”

We expect the players to carry the same passion and then some that we do as fans. We look at them playing a child’s game and earning millions as the bearers of the American Dream and we can’t relate to them wanting to walk away when there’s more gas in the proverbial tank.

We just can’t relate.

If you hit the lottery, would you work as hard at your job?

Would you even continue working?

J.O. has hit the lottery but it has taken him 32 plus years to walk up to that window and cash in his ticket. He could you know. But he won’t. Read The Grapevine from yesterday. This little “mechanism” is a clue.
Also from that famous friend of a friend, I’m told J.O. is returning.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

No doubt in my mind....if I came into a boatload of money, I would definitely consider retirement or a job change with less hours. You can not blame anyone for said thinking. Fans get so close to thier heroes that it can sometime cloud their judgement.

jgd3rd said...

Bisciotti dodged the Jamal Lewis question because he likely had nothing positive to say.

And can you could blame Bisciotti?

Jamal was constantly whining about one thing or another. The only thing he didn't whine about was his inability to perform at the level he was compensated.

Even still, I hated to see Jamal go. But now that he is gone, I think its the best thing for the Ravens. The whining has been replaced by a person who has something to prove to himself, the organization, the city and the fans. I prefer hungry ball players.

Even after Jamal left he still couldn't help but bash the Ravens. Aren't we the ones that stood behind him during his darkest, most humiliating hours? Didn't we stand and applaud a convicted felon to let him know Baltimore cared?

No sympathy here for Jamal. He handled most situations poorly.

I hope Jamal enjoys life in Cleveland. I will enjoy observing the Ravens beat the daylights out of the Browns not once but twice twice in '07!

I can hear Jamal complaining already..."there aren't any decent seafood restaurants in Cleveland, Oh I miss Bill's so much. I should have stayed a Raven".

Bisciotti is a good man and a good owner. Ouir franchise is in good hands.

Anonymous said...

The Bisciotti interview was interesting, but I did not appreciate his statement regarding raising ticket prices: "You can pick 2 games & sell those tickets & you could pay for 6 games you go to." (What about those preseason tickets that cost full price?) I understand that the prices will go up, but don't tell me about what they're going for online. That is not the way to measure. The average fan has season tickets to attend every game, not to sell them on ebay (ticket brokers also have PSL's). Of course they sell for more online. PSL owners have that right, just like the stadium has the right to charge $8 for a beer.

Anonymous said...

I hope Jamal enjoys life in Cleveland. I will enjoy observing the Ravens beat the daylights out of the Browns not once but twice twice in '07!

I can hear Jamal complaining already..."there aren't any decent seafood restaurants in Cleveland, Oh I miss Bill's so much. I should have stayed a Raven".

So, how's that all working out for ya?

Scatback Robinson said...

I hope Jamal enjoys life in Cleveland. I will enjoy observing the Ravens beat the daylights out of the Browns not once but twice twice in '07!

I can hear Jamal complaining already..."there aren't any decent seafood restaurants in Cleveland, Oh I miss Bill's so much. I should have stayed a Raven".

So, how's that working out for ya?