Thursday, December 21, 2006

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS


Look, I am hardly a Scrooge. But I have to tell you 6 weeks of Christmas music is killing me. Don’t get me wrong, I love hearing these songs next to a roaring fire on a cold Christmas Eve. I can remember when WLIF would play these songs non-stop from the moment Christmas Eve turned into Christmas Day right on up until 11:59 PM Christmas Night.

Now, they play these songs on and on and on from Thanksgiving until New Year’s Day.

And my fiance, God bless her soul…she has an insatiable appetite for these songs and an extremely high tolerance for repetition.

Thank the Lord above for my Ipod!

Anyway, I heard the classic, “These Are a Few of my Favorite Things” briefly today before I turned up the volume on my Ipod. Somewhere along the crossed wires of my sometimes wacky brain activity, I decided to change the lyrics to this classic to more closely match the things on my mind.

So clear your throat, lock in on that tune and sing along with me (imagine that little ping pong ball bouncing atop the lyrics):

Passing on first down to set up the pitches
Dynamic action without Boller’s glitches
Lighting fast defenses and blitzes they bring
These are a few of my favorite things

Fathead quarterbacks who were number 7
Flat on their backs thanks to our 57
Purple and black are the colors we bring
These are a few of my favorite things

Manning he’s running from those 96 slashes
LT is ducking from 92’s smashes
Carson is fearful of the Conference North Kings
Yes these are a few of my favorite things

When T. Pryce sacks
When Ray Lew stings
I’m so freakin’ glad
I can’t wait til they win a Super Bowl Ring
To show the whole world -- WE’RE BAD!

1 comments :

HARRYO29 said...

Merry Christmas Tony..God Bless your lovleee fiancee. She and I are a lot alike.. My Favorite things by either Julie Andrews or Jack Jones..blares from my CD player.
I am officially annointing you as the Burt Bacharach of Baw-lmer hun.
You do have a flare for both poetry and song Writing. I love the words that you wrote and they are so appropriate for this time of year!!
Here is hoping that the BOYZ in Purple, will be so pumped up about several deserving team mates being SNUBBED by the pro-bowl committee that they Deliver a BIG LUMP of COAL into the Stockings of the Pittsburgh Squeelers on Christmas Eve. Then all of us back here in Baw-lmer will have sweet dreams when we hit the Sack on Christmas eve.
Prediction: Ravens 17 Squeelers 16
Merry Christmas
Harry O' Sykesville